Thursday, September 1, 2011

Drum roll please......

It's been since February that I last made a post on my blog.  And now I'm back with big news!

Tthe big announcement is......I'm PREGNANT!

We found out we were pregnant on June 24th. It was a total shock. We had been trying to conceive since March and we figured June was going to be our 4th month of a negative result. I came home on that Friday in a bad mood. Work was horrible and I was ranting and raving to my husband about how angry I was and to top it all off, even though I was a day late, I felt as though my period was about to start.  Annoyed with my extremely bad mood and ranting he told me to do something about it. I yelled at him - asking what he wanted me to do, find a new job?  And he replied, you can at least go take a test to find out if you really are starting your period or not. I told him we had agreed to wait until Sunday when we would know if my period was indeed late. But he was so aggravated with me for complaining and not doing anything to change it, that I stormed up the stairs, stomping the whole way into the bathroom. He stayed at the computer - I'm sure he was rolling his eyes at my immaturity (now at least I can blame it on my hormones and not being actually crazy!).

For the previous two months we had been using an ovulation test kit. On the days that were my peak days the lines would show up right away, no 3 minutes of waiting. So I knew when we got pregnant the test would probably be the same way.  So when I peed on the test and saw the "pee" line show up right away and nothing else, I was let down. I walked to the balcony and yelled down "NOPE! Not pregnant!" I decided to torture myself by checking again when the five minute waiting time was up. When I picked up the stick I noticed a very faint pink line. Almost not even there, I could barely see it. But it was there. I yelled down to my husband "Have we ever seen any types of lines other than the pee line before?" Confused he came upstairs to look at the test. We held it under the bathroom light fixture for a better look and sure enough, he saw the line too. I didn't want to get my hopes up because I would be crushed if it was just my mind playing tricks on me, but he saw it too! I still was having doubts so we quickly decided to go buy more tests. We put our steaks back into the fridge and drove off to Target where we purchased digital tests that say "Yes" or "No" that way I wouldn't have any doubts once the test was taken.

When we got home we were stopped by our neighbors asking if they could come over to spend the evening with us (they have a 5 month old baby and were looking for adult conversations) so they came over while we grilled our steaks and ate dinner. By about midnight I was exhausted and all I could think about was going to bed. So we bid our friends goodnight and I went upstairs. My husband asked if I wanted to take another test now or wait until the morning, but the suspense was killing me, so I peed on a stick for the second time that day.  This was the longest wait ever. My husband was 100% positive we were pregnant, so he decided that I shouldn't stare at the test, but he would look first and tell me. Finally after 5 minutes he turned around to look at it. He looked sadly at me and said "No" in a pouty voice. I didn't believe him and I tried pushing him away from me but he wouldn't let me past. Then he kissed me and said "we're having a baby!" I ran to the test and sure enough, it said yes. Cue the waterworks! In fact, my husband started crying first and I was completely shocked at how emotional he was. He's wanted to be a father for a long time, so this was a huge moment in his life. I am so excited to be a mommy and I can't wait to meet our baby in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment