Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's official!

I am now a married woman!!!

Andrew and I got married on Saturday, April 17th.  I can't believe it's all over. It feels like it just flew by so fast.  We spent almost a full year planning our wedding and now it's over. The day just flew by in a blur...I remember sitting at the table watching the girls get their hair done at 11 am and my mom saying "we have to wait how long to get ready?" and my response was "we will get ready around 3 pm."  And boy did 3 pm come fast! 

We spent the week prior to the wedding down at the beach in Nags Head, NC. I was surprised how fast the week just flew by.  Before I knew it, it was Thursday and everyone was arriving for the wedding. I had a huge surprise at the beginning of the week - my mom called and told me my aunt and uncle that live in Louisiana, that I haven't seen in over 5 years, decided last minute they would be able to attend. Lucky for me, it wasn't hard to switch up the seating arrangements to fit them in. There were about 8 of us at the house all week and it was really nice.  The girls all cooked dinner each night and we all sat down together for dinner instead of going out to eat. We had some great times and conversations at that dinner table. 

On Thursday we had a big cookout for all of Drew's family that were in town from Illinois.  Late that evening Drew's sister, brother in law, and cousin arrived as well as two of my bridesmaids and their boyfriends. By Friday morning the entire wedding party was in town and ready for rehearsal. We were late to rehearsal of course. :-) The bridge coming through Hampton, Va was closed - for some reason MapQuest told everyone to take 664 instead of 64 straight through and they all got stuck at the bridge closing and had to be turned around.  And when I mean they, I mean our Pastor and his wife, the two people we couldn't do the rehearsal without!  Luckily they made it there in one piece and we were able to get everything taken care of. Later that night we had dinner at Pamlico Jacks, a cute little restaurant in Nags Head. We got some really cute pictures outside as the sun was setting. 
This one is my favorite from the evening!

After dinner we went back and put together my throw away bouquets and I went to bed pretty early. I didn't have to many issues falling asleep, but I was awakened around 1 am by some drunk guests down stairs. :-p But they finally went to bed and I was able to fall back asleep. The next morning everyone kept asking me how I was feeling and I felt fine. I'm not sure why, but I wasn't nervous or feeling sick to my stomach or anything like that. The hair ladies came and did everyone's hair, which came out beautifully.  Then she did my hair, which I loved!!!!! 
Surprisingly, I only had one, teeny, tiny meltdown. I went over to check on the bouquets and one of the hydrangea bunches in my bouquet had turned brown! I was really upset but I was holding it together. My cousin came to the rescue and used the flowers we purchased for the throw away bouquet and got rid of all the brown spots. While they were working on it, my mom asked me if I was okay, and of course, that was where I lost it. I quickly skipped to the bathroom to calm myself down and my cousin came in and helped me relax and assured me the flowers were okay. Of course, this upset my mom but we both calmed down and everything was okay. 
Before I knew it, the photographer was there to start taking pictures of the boys, then it was time for all of us girls to get dressed. From there we did our pictures and headed off to the limo. The people staying in the house next to us got us a bottle of champagne that we drank on the way to the wedding site. Then, FINALLY, it was time for the girls to get out of the limo and begin their walk down the aisle.  Then my father helped me out and escorted me down. Before we started to walk he turned to me and said "remember before I give you away you have to give me a kiss."  I still tear up just thinking about that. I love my daddy so much! I think he cried more than my mom. From what I've heard, it was a beautiful wedding. I teared up during the ceremony and was able to hold the tears in, which caused Drew to tear up a bit himself. We had a lot of tears going around us between all of the families and friends we had there. Afterward, seeing my brother with tears in his eyes caused me to tear up again! Oh the emotions a wedding can bring on! I'll update later with more pictures and details about the reception. Until then, I'll leave you with a few pictures taken by guests at the wedding. 


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Congratulations again, Pamela! The wedding looks like it was beautiful! Enjoy your honeymoon!